Manhattan Harvester (MH) is a command line tool for automatically detecting and characterizing peaks from GWAS output files (Manhattan Plots). It outputs a list a parametes for each peak, including a general quality score value, to let the user rank all findings. Use MH when you have too many GWAS outcomes to screen them by the eye.
SUMMARY OF MAIN FEATURES
1. GWAS output files that contains cromsome number, position and p-value are the input.
2. Table with a list of parameters and a summary score are presented in a simple tabular form.
3. Ability to batch-process any number of files.
4. Defaults are set to optimal values. The user can change many parametrs by using the flags.
5. Fast and adaptable algorithms.
6. Harvester comes in handy when GWAS result files are too many for human screening.
A scientific article has been written for publication in BMC Bioinformatics to demonstrate the utility of MH.
DOWNLOAD WITH INSTRUCTIONS
CentOS 64 bit version: download
CentOS 64 bit static version: download
MacOS version: download
Ubuntu 32 bit version: download
Windows static version: download
* You can compile MH yourself from the source code:
Source code is available HERE
Detailed instructions can be downloaded together with the applications above.
Please contact us if you have any questions or suggestions:
toomas <dot> haller <at> ut <dot> ee
toomashaller <at> gmail <dot> com